Friday, February 23, 2007

Phase 6 - Teddy and Me

I seldom burnish my work, but this piece seemed to call for it to push the darks to where I felt they should be. This time I used a stiff hog bristle brush which allowed me to move the color around more subtly than when I burnish with another pencil or solvents. I am very pleased with it...so far.
I promised myself that when I started this blog I would keep my big mouth shut about anything controversial or political. BUT, I want to share with you something I do feel strongly about - rescuing a pet from your local shelter. We rescued our dog, Buddy Tucker (sounds like a country-western singer doesn't he?), three years ago. He is a full-bred chocoloate lab (according to the vet) and absolutely one of the best dogs I've ever had. The shelters are full of wonderful dogs. Don't worry about which dog to choose; they choose you. Buddy took one look at me and it was all over! I haven't regretted his choice and I don't think he has either.

No comments: