Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Reality Check

"Good China" - WIP 2
(still working on it!)
5 x 5" colored pencil drawing
Yesterday, I had an appointment with the doctor for one thing and came out of his office with news about something totally different. More alarming. My blood pressure is way too high. Now, I need to let you know that I'm in pretty good shape (ran my first marathon last October) and am not large (wear a size 6) and eat a healthy diet (does chocolate count?), so this is a hereditary thing. However, I am determined to do anything and everything I need to do to get it down. Salt is now only a memory. And I may take up yoga. This is all good.
But, more than anything, I am now determined to have a better outlook on my life. No, it's not always great, but it's pretty darn good. I have so much and a lot to be thankful for. I am a very lucky girl (and I plan to call myself a girl until I die!) and know that having the ability and the opportunity to make art every day is a huge blessing that not many people in this world get to experience! (There, my BP just dropped 5 points.)

No comments: