Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Another Day Older.....

"Dog Days"
ACEO Original Colored Pencil Drawing
2.5 x 3.5"
SOLD
Well, lots to reflect on and think about today; it is my birthday.
Long ago I outgrew needing parties, cake and balloons; but today I got lots of phone calls, cards, and gifts from my friends and family. Those meant more to me than a party ever could.
Now that I am a "big girl", I have decided to try to treat myself well on my birthdays and I might decide that I'm going to just sit down and put my feet up if I feel like it (which I did), or buy myself a new pair of shoes (which I did), or eat chocolate (which I did). And the best part is, I feel no guilt about it at all. That's delicious.
And since I am approaching a milestone birthday which can make some women decide to wear polyester and sensible shoes, I have a pact with all of my best girlfriends that we won't allow the others to EVER do that. Since none of them have spoken to me about the way I dress lately, I think I'm still good.
All in all, it was a really great birthday.

No comments: