Thursday, September 6, 2007

If I Didn't Need Sleep.....

ACEO Original Colored Pencil Drawing
2.5 x 3.5"
"Anywhere You Want to Go"
SOLD
Why is it that one measly day out of the week for a holiday can set you back eons in your work schedule? Huh? Is it a time-warp thing? Did Einstein ever theorize on that?
Not only did I get behind in my work, but I think I picked up a gazillion (yes, I'm sure that's a word) other jobs to do. It's all good though and I hope to tell you all more and more later but here's a few highlights:
  1. Three calls from potential commissions - of course, all by Christmas. (But THEY are on time; I love the calls I get a week before. As if!)
  2. I have accepted a wonderful opportunity to participate in an art crawl in my own little suburb. Great idea and great opportunity. What was I thinking that I could pull an entire outdoor show together in two weeks. And during an Ohio State football game, no less! But it's coming together.
  3. I have been approached to teach a class for colored pencil drawing. Scares the bejeepers out of me; but I probably will step up and do that, too.
  4. I have been asked (and I accepted) the challenge of helping to set up a blog for our Columbus Short North Arts District. I accepted this challenge early in the spring and I KNOW I must have had a martini when this happened. BUT, I can do it!
  5. Oh, yeah, and just making art for all the shows I have coming up as well as for this blog! (Which I'd rather just be doing all the time anyway!)
  6. I have also agreed to supply snacks for one of the Monday night soccer games for my son.

Whew.

When is the next holiday?

No comments: