Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Day Off?

"Blaze of Glory"
ACEO Original Colored Pencil Drawing
2.5 x 3.5"
SOLD

Today (and tomorrow) my son is out of school for some obscure holiday - I think tomorrow is Columbus Day, but I have no idea what today was. Maybe Drive the Mother Crazy day. And to top it all off, I had two other little boys here with my son all day, too. But, I have no one to blame but myself.


Here's what happened: Last night, three couples decided that since the kids (6 total) didn't have to go to bed early, we could keep them up until 9 or 10. We all ended up at a local pub/pizza place on the outdoor patio (yes, in October!) with music and a fire and a few beers. Great fun. But after my two beers, I was feeling all warm and fuzzy and thought it would be a great idea to have a sleepover and the boys with me all day. (Never party with children is my advice....)


So, today was busy, to say the least. They're all good kids but it's amazing to me how when you add children into a room one at a time, the energy, mess and noise they create is exponentially multiplied! Boys throw things; a lot. They fight and wrestle; a lot. They are hungry; a lot. I cooked breakfast and lunch (I don't cook), reminded them to flush and wash their hands, had to referee a few fights, organized clean up duty (4 times) and finally, had to feign ignorance on their questions about gerbil reproduction. And, I now know why you can buy plaques that say "Mothers of Three Sons Automatically Go to Heaven".

Today's experience was good for a few things though:
  • It kept my son from nagging me all day about being bored.
  • It proved to me that drinking is bad.
  • And, finally, it reminded me why my three children are all ten years apart!

1 comment:

Quilt knit said...

Hi! Well you certainly missed out on lot's of fun. Should have had them closer together and had 4 extra. Fuzziest Beer story ever heard.

(((circle of Fuzzy Beer Hugs)))

Sherif