Thursday, November 15, 2007

Breaking the Rules

Commission - Not for Sale
5 x 7" Colored Pencil Drawing on Bristol






Well, I've done it. I've broken my own "rules" - to do this commission:

  • Never use another person's photo for a commission.
  • I never do a portrait of a child under the age of 2.
  • I never do a portrait commission less than a 9 x 12" size.

So why did I do it?

  • The clients have been very, very good friends for about 20 years and have always been very, very supportive of my work. This is a Christmas gift for their friends.
  • The photo was exceptional quality and I could work on the composition and lighting.
  • It was too tempting to do this drawing because these twins are beautiful.

Note to self: Break the rules more often.

1 comment:

Serena Lewis said...

Definitely break the rule more often! This is such a beautiful piece and the recipients will treasure it always ~