Tuesday, December 4, 2007

An Open Spot on My Calendar

"Calibogue Sound Sunset"
Colored Pencil on Ampersand Pastel Board
8 x 10"
Because it is now getting dark just about the time I am waking up and because it is flipping cold out already and because I usually detest being even slightly chilly, I almost hated to finish this drawing. It was at least keeping my mind in a warm place for a while.
I snapped my reference photo for this in July while in Hilton Head. If I recall correctly, it was about 9:30 p.m. and still around 90 degrees. I most assuredly had spent an entire day in the sun.
If you, too, are generally averse to short days and goose bumps, I hope this piece warms you up a bit. However, if you are lucky enough to already be living somewhere fabulous and temperate all year long, please do not send me a note to tell me about it unless it includes an invitation to be your houseguest for a month or two. You can make my flight reservations for right after the Holidays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Quilt knit said...

Thanks for the warmth. Boston MA. 30's
Sherrie