Thursday, February 21, 2008

May I Introduce To You....

"Fan of Chocolate"
ACEO Colored Pencil Drawing
2.5 x 3.5"
SOLD
Today I am adding to my blog three new links to three very good pencil artists:

"Color On" by Cindy Haase - Wonderful drawings and, speaking to my passion right now, experiments within the medium! Yum! Be sure to check out her works with Neocolor underpaintings, works with Inktense (of which I have owned a set for a long time and never quite knew what to do with them), and, my personal favs, her circular stroke drawings. Just great stuff!

"Drawing a Fine Line" by Paula Pertile - A successful children's' book illustrator who also makes these incredible little drawings available to you and me on e-bay. Her latest subject matter is so simple and elegant and fun: objects tangled up in yarn. Yet, most of them are done in black, brown or sepia. Paula also takes the time to write about her comparisons of various papers and pencils and how they react with each other. Brilliant.

"The Extraordinary Pencil" by Marsha Robinett - Marsha's blog and website (one to check for a how-to on setting up one's website!) is full of art information, tutorials, materials, blogging how-to's and tons more. Her works are all in black and white using carbon, charcoal and graphite; take a moment to look at her Still Life drawings. Makes me want to do more black and white work.

"The Fork and Spoon Club"

carbon on paper 6 x 9"

by Marsha Robinette

Other artist/friends ask me why I take the time to blog and read other blogs. I must look at them like they are crazy. To me, having access to these wonderful artists and all they can and do share with you is like being a kid in a candy store. I have to limit my time there. Thanks to all who blog and share!

3 comments:

Paula Pertile said...

Oh my gosh, Rhonda, thank you for the nice link and way too flattering description of me and my work! I love it!!!
And to be sandwiched between two so brilliant...slices...wow, my head just grew a couple sizes.
Thanks!
:~)

Marsha Robinett said...

Wow, this is just so nice. Thank you so much for the links and the wonderful representation of me and my work. I'm not used to such flattery...I'm speechless.

Rhonda Bartoe Tucker said...

Thank YOU for not only sharing your work with the rest of us, but how you work, as well. Good artists and their blogs should be shared with all! Keep doing what you do so well.