Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Busy as a Boy

"Pearls on Black"
ACEO Original Colored Pencil Drawing
2.5 x 3.5"
SOLD
Today was a wonderful, busy day. There can be great pleasure that comes from having grandchildren and today I had a bunch of it. Both of my grandsons (3 1/2 and almost 2) were here with me today since their parents had been left in the lurch without a sitter.
Even though my youngest is only 10, it's so easy to forget how BUSY toddlers can be. Here's what we accomplished today:
  • Playing with the dogs, throwing lots of things for them to fetch.
  • Puzzles
  • Reading
  • Building with Legos
  • Snacks
  • Baking brownies
  • Coloring
  • Fixing, eating and CLEANING UP from lunch
  • Playing with about a million matchbox cars (I've been through two boys already)
  • Eating ICE CREAM (They ALWAYS get ice cream when they come to my house.)
  • More building
  • Diapers (THIS I do not miss)
  • Outdoor play: wagons, balls, roller skates, scooters, dogs, and a little water and mud.

THAT was just until 1:00 p.m. Exhausting and wonderful. I want to be the warm, fuzzy in their lives - no matter what. We worked on that today, I think.

One of the other highlights of my day, though, was when I just had to call my son-in-law (who thinks I'm a bit of a left-wing-hippie-kinda-person) to tell him that his two sons were dancing to Abba's "Dancing Queen" (it was on the radio, I DO not own it). He threatened to leave work, pick them up and to never let me see them again. Oh, that was rich.

1 comment:

Serena Lewis said...

ROTFLOL....your son-in-law's reaction would have been priceless! Beautiful ACEO!