Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sketching from Life

Weekly Sketches from Life
page from my sketchbook
45 minute sketch
A while ago, I made a confession that I had not been (gasp!) keeping a sketchbook regularly. I made that confession public, in part, to motivate me to be the person I want to be and begin keeping one. I bought one - ok several. (Those suckers are as addictive to shop for as shoes!) I DID take one to Bolivia and did do some fun sketches there; but I haven't been so great about using it daily.
So, while blog-reading the other day , I find out that there is a new monthly thread on Wetcanvas where everyone participating will be doing WEEKLY (less pressure for me) sketches in colored pencil! Voila! They even give me ideas! Love that.
(If you are an artist, crafter, hobbyist or are interested in any of those things, check out www.Wetcanvas.com. Great site by artists, for artists.)
For the month of April, all of the SUGGESTED topics are "In the Kitchen" and this week's is "something from your pantry". Yes, I ate it afterwards but I still feel good about myself because I sketched it first.

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

Yes and I'll bet it took ALMOST the same amount of calories to sketch it as you gained eating it, right??
smile
Well we can pretend.
GREAT sketches, by the way!