Wednesday, November 19, 2008

New WIP - Commissioned Portrait

Thought I'd share a progression of a current commissioned portrait on my table. I started this before the cruise and am now working hard to finish up.

The young woman is the daughter of a high school friend of mine; she has hired me to do portraits of her children at their graduation from high school. (Appropriate, no?) This is her youngest child and, alas, I'll just have to wait until she has grandchildren for the next round.

I am working this on Strathmore Bristol Vellum in colored pencil. It measures12 x 14".





3 comments:

hbedrosian said...

Wow, it's beautiful so far! I love the vague background and the skin tones.

Angela Finney said...

Coming along beautifully! I know bristol vellum and/or stonehenge are the traditional CP grounds. I find them difficult after doing sanded surfaces, however. Do you find it easy to swithch from sanded or canvas back to the bristol vellum? Angela

A Colorful World said...

Really beautiful! Her face is amazing! Her eyes are just so clear! It is going to be a truly stunning portrait!
Marie