Monday, May 4, 2009
Friday, May 1, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Step 2 - First layer of colored pencil. Establishing the dark areas.
Step 3: Second layer of cp. I work all over a drawing at once and build my layers of color. Here I'm still working on layering in the darks and establishing more realistic shapes.
In the final step (above), I've continues to build the color and then began muting some of the background with complimentary color in order to establish foreground and background.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
- I've written out my mission statement and have it posted where I read it daily.
- I have also posted my list of professional goals where I can read them daily along with their deadlines.
- Each goal is broken down into workable steps with each date marked on a goal calendar.
- To avoid the inevitable (for me) lag time between finishing a piece and starting a new one, I will strive to have more than one project going at a time. This is also very helpful when I am struggling or bored working on one particular drawing.
- I will sketch. I am not committing to a daily schedule, but a frequent one. It's just impossible for me with a young son and so many other commitments to sketch daily. But I have promised myself to try to work on a simple sketch for 30 minutes or less. I plan to share many of these sketches here.
- I have made a daily work schedule to block out large chunks of time to commit solely to my artwork. This schedule is then being shared with my family so they can be aware of when I am working.
Making these commitments and cleaning out that studio has given me a new boost toward my work and creativity.
Does anyone else feel the need to "spring clean" to recharge the batteries?
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Friday, February 27, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Bolivian Lady - Stage 8
Bolivian Lady - Stage 9
Thursday, February 12, 2009
I have a love/hate relationship with this piece now - it is taking a l-o-n-g time to progress (which I hate) but I can zone out and get a bit meditative as well (which I love). I also listen to books on tape while I draw or paint so I think I'm going to get through at least 3 books with this one!