Thursday, January 22, 2009

Art for Orphans

"My Own Crayons"
ACEO 2.5 x 3.5"colored pencil on Stonehenge paper
I will donate 50% of this sale to the K'illallaray Orphanage Project

SOLD

Once again, I am offering an ACEO on eBay to benefit the fund to help build the orphanage home for children in Cochabamba, Bolivia.

And, once again, I have made a commitment to travel to Bolivia to help with the building and to build good relations between the "gringos" and the native people.
The drawing above was taken from a reference photo taken last year of one of the orphans. We had just given them all their own crayons and coloring books; many of them thought we would take them back when we left. This beautiful little girl had just had a bath, found a warm spot of sun, and began her coloring project. I just had to share this in a drawing. She touched my heart.
If you're interested in finding out more info, check the website here or my original post here. Thanks for your help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

goodd one